President Birge's 50-Hour Challenge
"Please join me in contributing 50 hours of public service to your community between September 2012 and September 2013!" - Dr. Birge
50-hour Community Service Pledge
Join President Birge, Trustees, Alumni, Students, Friends, Faculty and Staff to serve your local community at home or near campus through September 2013. Give 50 hours of community service on behalf of Franklin Pierce University's 50th Anniversary to help celebrate the University's community spirit!
It's easy to join the challenge:
- Sign-up and register (click here) with "President Birge's 50-Hour Challenge"
- When creating an account, your email will stay private, but your name may be used publicly to display your volunteer status.
- When creating a Username, your name is recommended, but not required. A nickname or last name is acceptable. Accounts will be manually removed if they contain inappropriate names or are used inappropriately.
- A valid email is required to register so we may contact you when you successfully complete the challenge.
- You might be contacted via email by the University, if chosen, to showcase the volunteer work you are performing (for print, social media, or University Web use; you may opt out if chosen.).
- As you perform Community Service duties, log your hours with the website. Enter the hours you volunteered, the date you volunteered, and which organization you volunteered for (select "Other" and enter details if the organization isn't listed).
- Next time you need to record your volunteer hours and information, come back here and log into your account.