Zan Gonçalves, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Writing
Division of Humanities
Ph.D., English, Composition and Rhetoric, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- College Writing I and II
- The Teaching of Writing for Secondary Teachers of English
- First-year Seminar
Teaching Writing; Teaching Ethical Issues Across the Curriculum; Addressing Social Justice in the Classroom and Beyond; Service Learning
Deliberative Dialogue; Writing; Teacher Training; Faculty Workshops
- “Review of Undoing the Silence: Six Tools for Social Change Writing by Louise Dunlap” Reflections: A Journal of Writing, Service-Learning, and Community Literacy 7:3 Fall 2008.
- Sexuality and the Politics of Ethos in the Writing Classroom. 2006. Studies in Writing and Rhetoric. Southern Illinois University Press.
- Using Deliberative Dialogue Briefs in the Community and Classroom. 2005. In-house Publication, Franklin Pierce University, Rindge, NH.
- University Computing Advisory Committee (UCAC)
- Faculty Development Committee
Gardening; cooking; physical, spiritual and emotional fitness; child rearing; dog training; poetry; writing; meditation
Office location: 05B Edgewood
Phone: 603.899.1012, 413.773.9081