In order to be considered for admission to the physical therapy program, the applicant must submit evidence of the following:
- Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in all previous course work.
- Completion of all science prerequisite coursework, at the science major level, achieving a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in the following courses:
• Anatomy & Physiology 8 credits including labs
• Biology 8 credits
• Chemistry 8 credits including labs
• Physics 8 credits including labs
• Statistics 3 credits
• Specialized Psychology Course (3 credits beyond the introductory level), i.e. Developmental, Abnormal, or Neuropsychology,
- Meet or exceed posted minimum scores of 146 Verbal and 144 Quantitative for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Completion of 80 hours of observation (or work) in a variety of different physical therapy settings including both inpatient and outpatient facilities.
- Completion of a B.S./B.A. degree* from a regionally accredited college or university.
* Note: It is assumed that in completing a B.S./B.A. degree, the applicant has completed appropriate liberal arts and science courses in preparation for a career in physical therapy. This will be explored through the transcript analysis.
Application Process & Deadlines
Read more on How to Apply.