Franklin Pierce University & St. George’s University:
MD or DVM Pathway Program
Franklin Pierce offers an exciting new pathway program to qualified students interested in pursuing a medical or veterinary medicine degree. This program offers prospective students peace of mind in the face of fierce competition for highly coveted general medical and veterinary school seats.
Students admitted to the pathway program complete their undergraduate degree in Biology or Health Sciences at Franklin Pierce in four years, and upon meeting established admission criteria progress into the four-year Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program at St. George's University (SGU).
About St. George’s University
Founded in 1976, SGU
has evolved into a top international education center. Located in Grenada, West Indies, SGU students enjoy the benefits of a thriving multicultural environment, offering all the amenities and technologically advanced facilities of a world-class institution. The MD program at SGU’s School of Medicine has been accredited and/or approved by many external bodies – perhaps more than any program in medicine in the world. The DVM program has been granted Full Accreditation by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA COE). SGU is one of a few international universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to administer student loans for qualified U.S. students.
Eligibility Criteria for the FPU/SGU Pathway Program:
- Minimum high school CGPA of 3.5
- Minimum combined score of 1,200 on the SAT critical reading and math sections with a minimum score of 500 on each section
- Minimum score of 26 required on the ACT
Qualified students admitted to Franklin Pierce University will be invited to complete the Application for Admission Addendum requesting admission to this pathway program, and must submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
Requirements for advancement to the MD or DVM program at SGU:
- Undergraduate cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 for the MD program,
3.1 for the DVM program
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 in Biology or Health Sciences major
- Demonstrated strong performance on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) for the MD program, or at least 1,100 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for the DVM program
- Successful interview with SGU
For students who did not seek or did not achieve admission to this program at the time of undergraduate admission, FPU offers a secondary path for admission to the FPU/SGU combined program.
Students meeting the following criteria after two semesters of Franklin Pierce coursework will be recommended for the combined program:
- Declared Biology or Health Sciences major
- 3.5 CGPA and 3.5 GPA in the major
- Two recommendation letters from FPU faculty to the FPU Pre-Health Advisory Committee
Want to know more?
Download the MD or DVM Pathway Program Sheet for complete program information.
For more information or to arrange a visit to the Franklin Pierce campus, contact the Admissions Office at (800) 437-0048 or email email@example.com
To learn more about St. George’s University, go to www.sgu.edu.