Lecture Series: Tuesday Briefings
The Tuesday Briefings is a public affairs television program web cast live from the Fitzwater Center television studios and featuring media, government, political, civic and business leaders discussing the leading issues of the day. The speaker series is modeled on the press conferences run by Marlin Fitzwater while he was press secretary to two presidents.
|Students talking with Gerald Boyd, Former
Managing Editor for The New York Times.
Recent speakers have included:
- Leslye Arsht, former senior advisor to the Iraqi Ministry of Education and a member of the Franklin Pierce College Board of Trustees
- Gerald Boyd, Former Managing Editor of The New York Times
- Victoria Clark, Former Defense Press Secretary
- Newt Gingrinch, former House Speaker and author of Winning the Future
- Bill Glauber, Journalist, The Chicago Tribune, and former sports reporter
- Katia Kapovich, Russian poet and former literary dissident
- Linda Killian, a Washington journalist, director of the Boston University Washington journalist center, and author of “The Freshmen: What Happened to the Republican Revolution?”
- Paul Newman, Actor, Environmentalist, and Philanthropist
- Jeffrey Salgo '74, Associate Director, CBS News and President and Executive Producer of Aqua Rock Productions
- Marilyn Thompson, Lead Investigative Reporter for The Washington Post
|Gerald Boyd, Former Managing Editor
for The New York Times
Want to know more?
More information about the Tuesday Briefings Lecture Series, can be found at the Fitzwater Center for Communication. For specific questions about the Tuesday Briefings Lecture Series, please contact the Director.
Director, Marlin Fitzwater Center for Communication
Director, Pierce Media Group