Department of Residential Life
Returning Student Off-Campus Housing Petition

Franklin Pierce is a small, residential university committed to education both inside and outside the classroom. As such, we believe that living in our residence facilities is a valuable component of the total educational and developmental experience of being a student. Because of these institutional commitments, a student is required to reside in University facilities and is encouraged to become an active participant in campus life. The Director of Residential Life will review the petition, and make the final decision regarding off-campus status. Any student who does not obtain written exemption from the residential requirement is to remain in university residence and is responsible for all associated cost and fees. You will receive notification of whether you have been approved via your Franklin Pierce University email account. If you are approved you will need to supply your off-campus information as well as your meal plan.

Petition for 2008 - 2009 academic year Due by Second Friday of March
Petition for spring 2009 (see #5 below)....Due by First Friday of December
Petition for summer sessions I & II......Due by First Friday of May

Last Name:

First Name:
Middle Initial:
ID #:
Birth Date:
Box #:
Current Class  Standing:
Year of First Enrollment at FPC:
Approval Requested For (Check all that apply):
Summer I
Summer II
CURRENT CAMPUS HOUSING (if applicable): Room:

Please note the following guidelines:  

  1. Simply wanting to live off-campus is not an extenuating circumstance.

  2. Your request must stand on its own merits. Circumstances involving other students petitions will not be factored into the decision making process.

  3. DO NOT sign a lease or make any commitments to a landlord before receiving notice of your petition being approved.

  4. Housing contracts are signed for the full academic year. Therefore, a request for off-campus housing in the spring must demonstrate extreme circumstances, as it requires your binding contract with the College to be broken.

  5. Once approved to move off-campus, if the student wishes to move back onto campus, a room is not guaranteed. Furthermore, the student will be given the lowest priority to be housed.

Living with parent/guardian (mail [USPS] letter of permission and a photocopy of his/her drivers license to verify address)
Living with spouse and /or children (mail [USPS] marriage or childs birth certificate)
Financial hardship (provide a budget) Explain your financial hardship in the text area below.
 Medical/Health (Explain medical situation below and mail [USPS] a note from your care provider documenting the problem)
Other - Please choose one and explain below: 

    I certify that I have honestly answered the above questions. Permission is granted to College officials to verify my responses and to obtain other relevant information. This petition will not be reviewed until all of the information requested is provided. I have read and understand the information presented in this document.