The Center for Outreach Education & Counseling exists to help Franklin Pierce students make a healthy adjustment to college life and make wise choices in all areas of their residential and academic experience. The Center is open during the fall and spring semesters when the University is in session. The Director of Outreach Education & Counseling works with individual community members and established campus groups to:
- Provide leadership within the Division of Student Affairs for Franklin Pierce University student development programs and services in such areas as college adjustment, communication and relational skills, leadership skills, alcohol and other drug prevention, and sexual ethics.
- Work closely with the Offices of Residential Life, Student Activities, Campus Safety, and Spiritual Life to provide for the needs of the Franklin Pierce student community.
- Utilize a variety of outreach & therapeutic methods to educate students, including group sessions, residence hall workshops, classroom presentations, the department's web page and telephone/e-mail consultation.
- Develop and present sessions on a variety of student development topics, based on student and community needs.
- Provide limited individual counseling and assistance to students.
- Identify, initiate and maintain contact with local mental health providers.
- Assist students to find suitable off-campus treatment providers.
- Develop a series of passive educational campaigns intended to address community and individual student needs.
- Create promotional material for the Outreach Education & Counseling Center in conducting outreach programs for students, and maintain connections with student groups such as the Student Government Association, Community Assistants, and clubs.
- Manage crisis situations while the University is in session.
- Train other professional and paraprofessional staff, so that they may be prepared to deal with crisis situations as they arise.
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Support
Download a referral form for Outreach Education & Counseling (for internal use)
Director of Outreach Education & Counseling
Granite Hall LL, next to Health Services
Franklin Pierce University
40 University Drive
Rindge, NH 03461