- Acute Care Rehabilitation
- Integumentary System
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy
Research Interests & Expertise Areas
- Early ambulation of burn patients with lower extremity autografts
- Effect of static burn position on the shoulder
- Early activity of burn intensive care patients
- Improving communication through the use of improvisational theatre skills
Honors & Awards
Burn Therapist Certified (BT-C) – American Burn Association
Publications and Presentations
Parry I, Forbes L, Lorello DJ, et al. Burn Rehabilitation Therapists Competency Tool
– Version 2: An Expansion to Include Long Term Rehabilitation and Outpatient Care.
J Burn Care Res. 2017 Jan/Feb; 38(1): e261-e268.
Nedelec B, Parry I, Acharya H, Benavides L, Bills S, Bucher JL, Cheal J, Chouinard
A, Crump D, Duch S, Godleski M, Guenther J, Knox C, LaBonte E, Lorello D, Lucio JX,
Macdonald LE, Kemp-Offenberg J, Osborne C, Pontius K, Yelvington M, de Oliveira A,
Kloda LA. Practice Guidelines for Cardiovascular Fitness and Strengthening Exercise
Prescription after Burn Injury. 2016 Nov/Dec; 37(6): e539-e558.
Lorello DJ, Litzinger M. Strategies to Help Return Your Patient Back to Gainful Employment.
50th Annual Meeting of the American Burn Association. Chicago, IL; April 2018.
Lorello D, Greiser C, Murray D, Foster K, Caruso DM. Expanding Multidisciplinary Collaboration
in Burn Care to Improve Patient Outcomes. 50th Annual Meeting of the American Burn
Association. Chicago, IL; April 2018.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), 2002-present
- Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology and Wound Management (ACEWM), 2003-present
- Wound Management Special Interest Group (WMSIG), 2003-present
- Acute Care Section, 2008-present
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section, 2013-present
- Section on Orthopedics, 2003-2007
- Performing Arts Special Interest Group, 2003-2007
- American Burn Association (ABA), 2007-present
- Membership Advisory Committee
- OT/PT Special Interest Group (SIG), 2007-present
- Chair OT/PT SIG, 2011-2014
- Rehabilitation Committee
- 50th Annual Meeting of the American Burn Association, Chicago, IL; April 2018
- 49th Annual Meeting of the American Burn Association, Boston, MA; March 2017
- The Fourth International Medical Improv Train-the-Trainer Workshop. Katie Watson,
JD; Belinda Fu, MD Instructors. Chicago, IL; June 2016
- 48th Annual Meeting of the American Burn Association, Las Vegas, NV; May 2016
- Curriculum Committee – Program in Physical Therapy
- Camp Hands and Hearts of Hope – Arizona Burn Foundation
- Membership Advisory Committee of the American Burn Association