Applying for Financial Aid

Undergraduate and Graduate Online Programs

All students who are admitted and matriculated into a degree program at Franklin Pierce may apply for federal financial assistance. To begin this process, students must do the following at the start of their enrollment and at the beginning of each academic year financial aid as needed:2018

  1. File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

Filing your FAFSA is the first step in the financial aid process.

IMPORTANT:  If you are applying for aid beginning with undergraduate Term 4 or Summer I or with graduate Term 3 or 4, you must file the 2017-2018 FAFSA.  If you are applying for aid for undergraduate Term Summer II (start date: July 9, 2018) onwards or graduate Term 1 (start date: August 28, 2018) onwards, you must file the 2018-2019 FAFSA. If you submitted a 2017-2018 FAFSA earlier this year, please be sure to select the correct tab on the Renewal page if you need to update it.

  1. Submit a Financial Aid Application

The next step is to submit an online Financial Aid Application which provides us with the enrollment information needed to put your financial aid in place.

For veteran and military education benefits, more information is available along with application instructions.

The online Financial Aid Application is accessed through the Billing/Financial Aid portal on CampusWeb by following these steps:

  1. Log in to CampusWeb (web address: using your Franklin Pierce email username and password
  2. Click on Undergraduates/Grad Students tab next to the Home tab at top of page
  3. Click on Billing/Financial Aid on side bar on left-hand side of the page
  4. Click on Check Financial Aid Award Info at NetPartner (in blue type) in the Financial Aid Awards box to go to the Financial Aid page
  5. Click on Applications in the menu at the top of the page ***
  6. Click on Undergraduate and Graduate Online Programs Financial Aid Application in the Your Applications section
  7. Choose academic program from drop-down box * Required
  8. Fill in number of credits for each term of anticipated enrollment (fill in with best estimate; underestimate if unsure)
  9. Click Submit

***IMPORTANT:  If you are applying for aid beginning with undergraduate Term 4 or Summer I or with graduate Term 3 or 4, you must select year 2018-2019 in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.  If you are applying for aid for undergraduate Term Summer II (start date: July 1, 2019) onwards or graduate Term 1 (start date: August 26, 2019) onwards, you must select year 2019-2020 in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. 

After clicking Submit, a confirmation screen will appear. You can review what you entered after submission by clicking on the Apply Online tab. You will be able to view but not alter the information entered previously.  If you need to revise anything, contact Student Financial Services via your Franklin Pierce email account to:



After the FAFSA and your Financial Aid Application have been completed, we will review your information and contact you via email if any other information or documentation is needed.  When all documents have been received, a financial aid award notification will be emailed to your Franklin Pierce email address.  This notification will include instructions on how to view and accept/decline your award package.  Click here for more details: Accepting/Declining Financial Aid Awards.

If you are a first time Stafford loan borrower with Franklin Pierce, you will need to complete an Entrance Counseling session and a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Both of these are done online and will need to be completed before loan funds can be disbursed. Click here for detailed instructions:Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note (MPN) Instructions.

If you are eligible for financial assistance, your award package will be broken out over the anticipated number of terms and anticipated enrollment in each term as reported on your Financial Aid Application. Financial aid funds are posted to your student account each term after enrollment is verified. If adjustments need to be made to your financial aid award based on a change from anticipated enrollment, you will be notified by a revised financial aid award notification email.

Any changes to the enrollment reported on your Financial Aid Application may affect your financial aid.  Please contact Student Financial Services to discuss the implications of the changes and what adjustments can be made to ensure that you are properly covered financially.

Please note that the financial aid year runs from July 1 to June 30 each year. Your loan period is for one year only. At the end of the loan period you no longer have financial aid and must reapply.

For more information contact Student Financial Services at 877.372.7347 or

Click here for General Financial Aid Answers 24/7

Other Sources of Financial Assistance

Graduate PLUS Loan
Graduate students may borrow under the Graduate PLUS Loan Program.  PLUS loan limits equal the student’s cost of attendance minus other financial aid with no aggregate loan limits. The interest rate for PLUS loan borrowers is fixed 6.84% (effective 7/1/2015). Repayment begins within 60 days of when the loan is disbursed but deferment options are available.

Alternative Loan Programs 
For information on alternative loan programs, go to our Undergraduate and Graduate Online Programs  Loans page, section titled "Alternative Loans."

Veterans Administration 
All eligible veterans attending Franklin Pierce University should contact their center counselor regarding eligibility for Veterans Administration or other benefits.  

The Franklin Pierce Alumni Association offers a scholarship, please find the Application on the Financial Aid Forms page

Private Scholarships 
Students should attempt to locate scholarships for which they are eligible. Download a list of scholarship web sites. Other sources of information are high school guidance offices, charitable organizations, service organizations, employee credit unions, and college libraries. Students who receive private scholarships are required to notify the Office of Student Financial Services. Private scholarships are used to cover any unmet need and then to reduce loans and work-study.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at