Veteran & Military Personnel Education Benefits


USA FlagFranklin Pierce University welcomes veterans and military personnel. We will be happy to assist you with all the facets of your relationship with Franklin Pierce, from inquiry to benefits.

We are approved to accept veteran's educational benefits, participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, abide by the Principles of Excellence, and invite credits from non-collegiate sources such as the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the American Council on Education ( ACE).

Get Started in Three Easy Steps:

  1. Apply for admission to Franklin Pierce University.
  2. Begin the process of filing for financial aid with our Student Financial Services Office (financial aid/billing). To get a head start, complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA form will help determine any additional federal grants and loans for which you may be eligible.
  3. Please contact the VA at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs site for information about applying for education benefits1 and eligibility2. Applications for veteran benefits (VA Form 22-1990) may be obtained directly from the VA by visiting the VONAPP. If you prefer, completed application forms can also be mailed directly to the VA Regional Processing office (PO Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14240-4616; Goodyear, AZ students should mail their forms to PO Box 8888, Muskogee, OK, 74402-8888)

SailerYour military experience could possibly be applied to college credit, ultimately reducing the amount of time it may take you to complete your undergraduate degree. Please arrange for your Army/Coast Guard/Marine Corps/Navy or Air Force transcripts to be sent to Franklin Pierce University Office of Admissions. If you have college courses from any other regionally accredited institution, simply request for an official transcript to be sent to the Franklin Pierce University Office of Admissions for evaluation of transfer credits.

Yellow RibbonAlso, to assist you in navigating your way through the processes noted above and beyond, please refer to our resources For Veterans & Military Personnel on the Registrar's page.

1If you have received benefits while attending a previous institution, submit a "Request for Change Program or Place Training" (VA Form 22-1995).

2Once the VA has reviewed your application for benefits, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility or your Notice of Basic Eligibility. Please submit a copy of either to your admissions counselor.