Writing Program Coordinator, Associate Professor
- B.A. in Biology, Minor Chemistry
California State University, Chico, May 1984
- M.A. in English, Composition & Rhetoric
California State University, Chico, May 1993
- Ph.D. in English, Composition & Rhetoric
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, May 2000
- First Year Composition I and II
- First Year Inquiry Seminar
- Writing for Social Action
- Teaching of Writing for Secondary Teachers
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Civic Engagement
- Discourse Ethics
- Inquiry Based Pegagogy
- Undergraduate Research
- College Composition and Communication CCC
- International Writing Center Association IWCA
- Kettering Institute
- National Council of Teachers of English NCTE
- National Issues Forum NIF
- New England Educational Research Organization NEERO
- North East Writing Center Association NEWCA
- Writing Program Administrator WPA
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- International Writing Center Association
- Northeast Writing Center Association Conference
- New England Educational Research Organization Conference
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Committee
- Composition Forum, Reviewer
- Diversity Committee
- First Year Experience Steering Committee
- General and Liberal Education Committee
- LGBTQ Awards Selection Committee CCCC
- New England Center for Civic Life, Fellow
- Curriculum Committee
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Forthcoming “Inquiry Scholars Collaborative: Growing a Culture of Assessment.” New Directions in Teaching and Learning.
"Unlearning Whiteness in the Composition Classroom." Academic Showcase, Franklin Pierce University, April 2017.
"The Inquiry Scholars Assessment Project” New England Educational Research Organization Conference, Portsmouth, NH, April 2015, 2016, 2017.
"Public Rhetorics / Queer and Feminist." College Composition and Communication Conference, Portland, OR, 2017.
"Breaking Down Walls: Contingency Status and the Role of the Writing Center." Northeast Writing Centers Association Conference, Pace University, NY, April 2017.
"Deliberation Reminds Citizens They Are Stakeholders in a Democracy." Newseum and Fitzwater Center for Communication, Washington, D.C., October, 2016.
"Deliberate Transfers: A Dialogue in the First-Year Composition Classroom on Food and Sustainability." Annual Conference on the Teaching of Writing, University of Connecticut, Storrs, March 2016.
“Identifying the Tensions: New England Center for Civic Life Forums on the Use and Abuse of Alcohol and Drugs.” Ed. Julianna Wilson. It's Time to Talk About the Truth. Franklin Pierce University: Rindge, NH. 2016.
Sexuality and the Politics of Ethos in the Writing Classroom. Studies in Writing and Rhetoric. Southern Illinois University Press: Carbondale, IL. 2006.