Information for Transfer Students

Policies and Procedures for Transfer Students

Begin a New Chapter at Franklin Pierce – Your Future Continues Here

Whether you have just completed one semester at a four-year university or graduated from a two-year college, you can apply for admission in the fall or spring semesters. The admissions process for transfer students is similar for students applying directly from high school.

You must provide an official transcript from each college or university attended. You may submit a letter of recommendation from an employer if securing one from an academic advisor or instructor is not possible.


Requirements for Admission

Transfer Credit Evaluation Process

This preliminary evaluation is completed after you have been accepted. The document outlines transferable courses that fulfill requirements in the General and Liberal Education curriculum, your academic major, and elective courses.

Transfer Student Housing

If you choose to live on campus, you will be placed in the most appropriate housing available at the time of assignment.

International TransfersInternational students who have attended a post-secondary institution outside of the United States must have that official transcript evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service, such as World Education Services (WES), Center for Educational Documentation (CED), Foundation for International Services (FIS), or AACRAO Internal Education Services (IES).
Veterans are Encouraged to ApplyFranklin Pierce welcomes veteran applicants as a Yellow Ribbon Program institution. You may qualify for transfer credit for military training, along with financial aid, employment opportunities, and even earn credit while on duty through Project Aid.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at


Undergraduate Admissions(800) 437-0048

Office Hours

Mon - Fri:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.