All information below is based on 2020-21 pricing effective 6/1/20.
TUITION & FEES
The current tuition rate for exclusively online programs is shown below. Materials fees may be charged for some courses. All students are charged a $200 graduation fee (except certificate programs) after the Notification of Candidacy has been approved by the Registrar’s Office. Pricing is subject to change June 1st of every year. New rates are generally posted online in May each year.
|Per Credit||Per 3-Credit Course|
FINANCIAL AID –Award Process
Typically, we award students loan funds to cover tuition and fees only. Funds are available for a book allowance and other education-related expenses. For additional funds, please contact Student of Financial Services (SFS) to discuss your specific needs and loan limits with your financial aid counselor. The maximum allowed is based the anticipated enrollment entered on your Franklin Pierce online financial aid application. Students are responsible for notifying SFS of any changes in enrollment after loans have been finalized. If necessary, adjustments to financial aid will be made accordingly.
Most students are awarded Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford loans.
Annual loan limits apply as follows
- Graduate/Professional - $20,500 Unsubsidized
- Aggregate Loan Limits - Graduate/Professionals: $138,500 - maximum of $65,500 subsidized (includes all undergraduate federal loans)
The funds are divided evenly among all terms within the financial aid award year and disbursed after Add/Drop period has ended each term. Approximately a month after the start of each term, students borrowing funds over and above the cost of tuition will receive a refund of credit on account if not needed to cover costs for future terms. Please note that students receiving a refund will need to complete a refund request form.
Please note that a Loan Origination Fee is deducted before each disbursement is released to the school. As of October 1, 2020, the Loan Origination Fee for the Stafford loan is 1.057%. From July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, the interest rate for the Stafford loan for graduate students is 4.30% Interest rates are subject to change every year on July 1st.
Reminder: if you want to defer payment on previous federal student loans from attendance at another school, you need to contact your lender(s) to find out how to arrange for a deferment.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
There are two steps to applying for financial aid at Franklin Pierce:
- Submit your FAFSA.
- Complete the online Franklin Pierce University financial aid application to indicate your program and how many credits per term you will be enrolled in. This is done on CampusWeb in the Financial Aid portal. Please note that you will need your Franklin Pierce University email username and password in order to access this form.
We will package your financial aid when the above items have been received.
After your financial aid package is prepared, it will be posted to CampusWeb and you will be sent an email with instructions on how to view/accept/decline your loans. You will also receive reminder email notices if any other action needs to be taken to complete the financial aid process such as:
- Entrance Counseling: If this is your first time borrowing as a student at Franklin Pierce University, you will need to complete Entrance Counseling on the Federal Student Aid website.
- Master Promissory Note: If accepting a Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford loan, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note on the Federal Student Aid website.
- Refund Request Form: If you are taking loans in an amount over the tuition and fees to use for books and/or other education-related expenses, you will need to submit a Refund Request form with All Terms checked off. This is to ensure that you get your refund at the earliest possible time each term.The Refund Schedule, Refund Request Form, and other important forms are available on our Financial Aid Forms page.
If you prefer to use private loans to fund your education, please let us know what lender you have applied to and the amount of the loan so we can coordinate disbursements with them. If you are researching loans, please note that we have a Preferred Lender List on our web site that may be of use in that regard – see link below.
REFUNDS FOR BOOKS & OTHER EDUCATION-RELATED EXPENSES
Credit left on the accounts after tuition, fees, bookstore charges, etc. have been deducted can be used for education-related expenses. These funds are released to the student in the form of a refund check about three to four weeks after the start of each term. A Refund Schedule is posted online to assist students with planning their finances.
A Refund Request Form must be submitted each financial aid year to request that the credit balance be released to the student each term. Checks are mailed to the address in the main university computer system. When you need to change the address on file, contact the Registrar’s Office via phone: 603-899-4068 or via email:email@example.com.
To request a refund, fill out this form GPS Request Refund Form
Franklin Pierce University offers an annual Alumni Association scholarship which opens for applications in late November. Any scholarships that are available through Franklin Pierce University will be announced to students via email a month or so before the application deadline. Application instructions will be included in that communication.